Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random

It has been a while since I last posted anything. I can form things to say in my mind, but can never get it on the blog. I recently finished the back to Alyssa's sweater. If I had a decent camera I would put up a picture. I don't, so no pictures for a while.
I have been trying to do my Ethics homework. I started out with needing to read seven chapters and writing eight papers. I am down to needing to read two chapters and writing four papers. I have a problem with the material and the way it is presented in the text. One thing about it is in the study of ethics there is a need to be impartial, not letting personal opinions get in the way. However, you can see the author's personal opinion throughtout the material. Some of it is supposed to be their opinion, but most is supposed to be an objective look at the issues. Another thing, it is really hard to be objective when sucide is not considered morally wrong. My own background, (a child whose mother committed sucide), screams against that. The whole thought that sucide is a personal and individual choice and doesn't involve family and friends just seems very selfish to me. Sucide is a very selfish way to not deal with problems. My mother could have sought help to get away from her husband instead of putting a bullet in her brain. At least that is what I think.
I just need to get through the next four weeks, then I can be done with this class forever. Never again do I have to listen to someone telling me that death is good or that rape is sometimes not morally wrong.
Next post will have more on books and knitting, I just need to get this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment