Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ignoring daily life!

So over the weekend I went to see SuckerPunch. I thought it was awesome, but it made me think alot about myself. When I was a kid I had no friends, so I lived in my imagniation. When I finally did find a friend, we used to make up stories about ourselves. We would be supper heroes and go around saving the world.

Now as an adult, I get lost in the books I read and the movies I watch. I find myself incorporating these fantasy stories into the stories I used to make up, because as it turns out, I never stopped the internal story. It has changed through the years, just as I have changed. That's why you see the name Serenity attached to almost everything I do. She is my alter ego, the person I want to be. Yes I lot of what happens in her world is physically impossible, but there in lies the fun. Who wouldn't want to be able to take names and kick ass? Who wouldn't want to have supper human abilities? Who wouldn't want to do anything they wanted to?

So, so what if I lose time wandering around in my mind. Who cares if I sometimes wish Serenity was really me and Monica was the fantasy? That I could get past the crap that has been my life? That I could make dreams happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment